- In this Complaints Policy the following expressions have the following meanings:
means, any day (other than Saturday or Sunday) on which ordinary banks are open for their full range of normal business in Scotland;
means a complaint about [my] OR [our][goods] AND/OR [services][, [employees][agents][subcontractors]], or customer service;
[means [my] OR [our] standard complaints form, please email your complaint to email@example.com;]
means this document;
means [my]OR [our] internal complaints handling procedure which is followed when handling a Complaint and is available from Complaints Policy for your reference;
means a unique number assigned to your Complaint that will be used to track your Complaint;
[means the referral of your Complaint to an external body or organisation for resolution if you are not satisfied with the outcome.]
- Purpose of this Complaints Policy
- [I] OR [we] welcome and encourage feedback of all kinds from [my] OR [our] customers.If you have a Complaint about [my] OR [our][goods] AND/OR [services][, [employees][agents][subcontractors]], or customer service, not only do [I] OR [we] want to resolve it to your satisfaction but [I] OR [we] also want to learn from it in order to improve [my] OR [our] business and customer experience in the future.
- It is [my] OR [our] policy to resolve Complaints quickly and fairly, where possible without recourse to formal investigations or external bodies.In particular, the aims of this Complaints Policy are:
- To provide a clear and fair procedure for any customers who wish to make a Complaint about [my] OR [our][goods] AND/OR [services][, [employees][agents][subcontractors]], or customer service;
- [To ensure that everyone working for or with [me] OR [us] knows how to handle Complaints made by [my] OR [our] customers;]
- To ensure that all Complaints are handled equally and in a fair and timely fashion;
- To ensure that important information is gathered from Complaints and used in the future to avoid such a situation arising again.
- What this Complaints Policy Covers
- This Complaints Policy applies to [my] OR [our][sale of goods] AND/OR [provision of services][, [employees][agents][subcontractors]], and customer service.
- For the purposes of this Complaints Policy, any reference to [me, Bruce Macaulay] OR [us, 6274] also includes [my] OR [our][employees][agents] [subcontractors].
- Complaints may relate to any of [my] OR [our] activities and may include (but not be limited to):
- The quality of customer service you have received from [me] OR [us];
- The behaviour and/or professional competence of [my] OR [our][employees][agents] [subcontractors];
- [Delays, defects or other problems associated with the sale of goods;]
- [Delays, defects, poor workmanship or other problems associated with the provision of services;]
- The following are not considered to be Complaints and should therefore be [directed to the appropriate person] OR [addressed accordingly]:
- General questions about [my] OR [our][goods] AND/OR [services];
- [Returns of damaged, faulty, incorrect or unwanted goods for exchange or refund in accordance with [my] OR [our] Terms & Conditions where there is no further complaint];
- Matters concerning contractual or other legal disputes;
- Formal requests for the disclosure of information, for example, under the Data Protection Act;
- Making a Complaint
- All Complaints, whether they concern [my] OR [our][goods] AND/OR [services][, [employees][agents][subcontractors]], or customer service should be made in one of the following ways:
- [In writing, addressed to Bruce Macaulay, Fernlea, Errol, Perth PH2 7TD, Scotland;]
- [By email, addressed to Bruce Macaulay at firstname.lastname@example.org;]
- [Using [my] OR [our] Complaints Form, following the instructions included with the form;]
- [By contacting [me]OR [us] by telephone on 0844 257 6274
- When making a Complaint, you will be required to provide the following information in as much detail as is reasonably possible:
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address ([I] OR [We] will contact you using your preferred contact method as your Complaint is handled);
- If you are making a Complaint on behalf of someone else, that person’s name and contact details as well as your own;
- If you are making a Complaint about a particular transaction, the invoice number;
- [If you are making a Complaint about a particular [employee][agent][subcontractor] of [mine] OR [ours], the name and, where appropriate, position of that [employee][agent] [subcontractor];]
- Further details of your Complaint including, as appropriate, all times, dates, events, and people involved;
- Details of any documents or other evidence you wish to rely on in support of your Complaint;
- Details of what you would like [me]OR [us] to do to resolve your Complaint and to put things right.(Please note that whilst [I] OR [we] will make every reasonable effort to accommodate such requests, [I am] OR [we are] not bound to take any action beyond that which we may be contractually or otherwise legally obliged to take.)
- How [I] OR [We] Handle Your Complaint
- Following [my] OR [our] Complaints Procedure, [my] OR [our] aim is to always resolve complaints to your satisfaction [without further recourse to External Resolution].[If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your Complaint, you may refer to External Resolution as detailed below.]
- Upon receipt of your Complaint, [I] OR [Bruce Macaulay][will log the Complaint in [my]OR[our] complaints log and] will acknowledge receipt of it in writing within 24 hours, giving you a Complaint Reference.
- [When [I] OR [we] acknowledge receipt of your Complaint [I] OR [we] will also inform you of who is to handle your Complaint.This may be the person to whom your original Complaint was directed (as above) or your Complaint may be delegated to an appropriate member of [my]OR[our] team.]
[As I am a sole trader, all Complaints will be handled by me alone.]
- [If your Complaint relates to a specific [employee][agent] [subcontractor], that person will be informed of your Complaint and given a fair and reasonable opportunity to respond.Any communication between you and the [employee][agent] [subcontractor] in question should take place only through [me] OR [the person handling your complaint] and [I] OR [we] respectfully ask that you do not contact the [employee][agent] [subcontractor] in question directly concerning the Complaint while [I am] OR [we are] working to resolve it.]
- If [I] OR [we] require any further information or evidence from you, [I] OR [we] will contact you as quickly as is reasonably possible to ask for it.[I] OR [We] ask that you use reasonable efforts to supply any such information or evidence quickly in order to avoid delaying the complaints handling process.If you are for any reason unable to provide such information or evidence [I] OR [we] will use all reasonable efforts to proceed without it, however please be aware that [I] OR [we] will not ask for further information or evidence unless [I] OR [we] consider it important to the successful resolution of your Complaint.
- [I] OR [We] aim to resolve Complaints within 7 working days, however in some cases, particularly if your Complaint is of a complex nature, this may not be possible.If this is not possible for any reason you will be informed of the delay, the likely length of the delay and the reasons for it.
- At the conclusion of the complaints procedure, regardless of the outcome, [I] OR [we] will provide you with full details of [my] OR [our] investigation, [my] OR [our] conclusions from that investigation, and any action taken as a result.[My] OR [Our] decision at this stage is final [, subject to your right to seek External Resolution of your Complaint].
- Confidentiality and Data Protection
- All Complaints and information relating thereto are treated with the utmost confidence.Such information will only be shared with those [employees][agents] [subcontractors] who need to know in order to handle your Complaint.
- [I] OR [We] may ask for your permission to use details of your Complaint (with your personal details removed) for internal training and quality improvement purposes.If you have given such permission, you may revoke it at any time by contacting [me] OR [Bruce Macaulay].
- All personal information that [I] OR[we] may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- Questions and Further Information
If you have any questions or require further information about any aspect of this Complaints Policy or about [my] OR [our] Complaints Procedure, please contact [me]OR [Bruce Macaulay] by post at 69a Lainshaw Street, Stewarton, KA3 5BX, by telephone on 08442576274, or by email at email@example.com.
- Policy Responsibility and Review
- Overall responsibility for this Complaints Policy and the implementation thereof lies with [me] OR [Bruce Macaulay].
- This Complaints Policy is regularly reviewed and updated as required.
- This Complaints Policy was adopted on 1st Jan 2021.
- This Complaints Policy was last reviewed on 12th February 2021.